I started a post about Davy Jones, but found myself getting far too bummed-out. You’ll see why (other than, of course, the terrible, surprising loss of a fun, talented man) when I finally am “able” to post it.
So, I thought I’d just share the few accomplishments from my “30 Before 30” list. A few of the items listed, I think, will end up getting edited a bit or switched out for something altogether awesomer, but for the most part I have a hard time not sticking to a list. It’s like breaking a promise. Publicly. Shameful! And, yes, I just kept right on goin’, assuming that we’d all just pretend that “awesomer” is, indeed, a real word.
1. Try a yoga class. Woohoo! This is the most successful (not to mention fulfilling) achievement off the list so far. See why here.
2. Start adding to savings.
3. Organize the office. (But it’s, admittedly, not done. D’oh.)
4. Go for a walk. (You’d be surprised at how hard this is!)
5. Go antiquing.
6. Get some more Etsy goodies posted.
7. Organize the ol’ blog.
8. Get rid of 25% more of my wardrobe.
9. Organize/clean out my laptop (pictures & iTunes — need room for the baby’s music, after all).
10. Do some major curb appeal work (spray paint the shutters, kill the ivy , paint the side door, paint the “porch”, hang the numbers, plant some pretties)
11. Switch the living room from red accents to… I’d say part-way done. 🙂
12. At least organize the craziness that is The Basement Monster.
13. Find someone to take the bed in order to change “guest room” into “nursery.” It sounds like we’ve achieved this! *crosses fingers* Now, to actually get the deed done!
14. Get a hairstyle.
15. Make some paper cranes (or other awesome origami art). (Nope, but I’ve found some art ideas to “recreate” – e.g. steal – to use in the nursery. Back to Pinterest I go!)
16. Do some painting…not in the home improvement way.
18. Learn how to use a plain ol’ digital camera in the best way possible.
19. Try to post more original pictures on the blog. Haven’t been posting much, but I’d say I’ve had 50% more original pics. It’s a work in progress. 🙂
20. Gain weight, but not too much. (Seriously, I haven’t gained a pound yet, even though my stomach’s gotten a bit bigger. How is that possible?!) Okay, I’ve finally gained a tad – maybe upwards of 5 pounds. I’m eating healthily and generally not over-doing it, and the baby seems happy enough. We’ll see where we go with this one.
21. Make some DIY soap — be it hand soap or laundry soap.
22. Go through all my dust-collecting books and donate/sell what I’ll never read/didn’t like.
23. Go some place new with the hubs. (Does a new restaurant, along with some great friends, count?)
24. Plan a smaller, but manageable garden. (Planting will have to occur well after May 1st. Unless we continue to have a #cancelwinter.)
25. Pick some baby names that we both can live with. (It’d be nice if we both LOVED them, but live with is the current goal.) Working on it!
26. Set up Amazon Affiliate.
27. Take a road trip. I foresee this happening in the next month or so…
28. Find enough room to actually be able to have every piece of my wardrobe put away simultaneously. Then follow through. We’re definitely “getting there” on this one…
29. Reupholster the wine chair and slipcover/paint the ottoman.
30. Pick up the house once a week. (Yes, once. It doesn’t look horrible the rest of the week if I do it this way. I know myself; once a day isn’t gonna happen.)
Some of my leftover “to do”s are fun, and I look forward to diving in when the energy strikes me. Admittedly, some of the others are makin’ me feel “blah.” But, it’s all good! Like I mentioned above, I might just have to do me some editing. After all, if it’s all based in what’s ultimately a birthday celebration, some amendments slightly one way or the other won’t hurt anybody. I hope. 🙂